Stark County has Seven Districts Ranked "Best in Class" in Efficiencies in Non-Instructional Spending
A new report released Tuesday by Ohio Education Matters
cites seven Stark County school districts as being the "best in class" among similar districts across the state in achieving efficiencies in providing non-instructional services. Stark has the most districts of any Ohio county with the top rankings.
The report, Benchmarking Ohio's School Districts: Identifying Districts that Get More for their Money in Non-Instructional Spending
, notes that "Ohio school districts could save nearly $1.4 billion a year if they were able to emulate the best practices of the most efficient districts in the state."
Congratulations to these Stark County districts for top rankings in the following categories:
Ohio Education Matters
- Canton City Schools: Central office administration, school-building level administration, food service
- Lake Local Schools: Transportation
- Louisville City Schools: Central-office administration, maintenance
- North Canton City Schools: Maintenance
- Perry Local Schools: Central-office administration, food services
- Plain Local Schools: Food services
- Sandy Valley Local Schools: School-building level administration, maintenance and transportation
is a subsidiary of the KnowledgeWorks Foundation. A full report of all ohio school districts
is also available for download.